Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SEEDERS BOOK SIGNING

IT'S FINALLY OUT!


Oh Joy!  After two years of writing, editing and working with the publisher on my latest novel, it's finally out.  It's been getting good reviews so far and I'm hoping it does even better than The Colony.

So I had my book signing at B&N. What a great bunch they are, put out a nice spread, had a room big enough to accommodate the 60+ people who showed up.  I had a nice time talking about the book to my friends and community. 



Big surprise of the night - my sister Erika and her family showed up in the middle of my presentation - from California! Wow, wasn't expecting that. It was a definite highlight of the evening. Thanks, Erika! After the signing, we had a nice party at my house with all the friends and family.

I couldn't help thinking how lucky I am to have so many wonderful friends. We laugh, we talk, we hang out with a glass of wine, and we are always there for each other. I love that so many friends came out in the rain to support me. And my family! Al, Rachel and Julia couldn't have been more supportive. I'm so proud and appreciative of them.  I just came back from ThrillerFest (see tomorrow's blog) and it was great being surrounded by all my favorite authors and some that I feel are now good friends. But I'm so much more comfortable, so much more at home right here in my community. It's nice to visit the author world, but it's even better to come back. 




So the book is a wrap, and so far a smashing success.  I have to say, it was a great two years. But now I'm ready to move on. I can't wait to go full swing into my next project.  For today though, I'm just going to reflect on a wonderful event that marks the near-end of my SEEDERS journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment